The Learning Centre for Senior Living (TLC) is ASCHA’s online learning portal. It is available to all ASCHA's Regular Members as a value-added member benefit and currently the vast majority members are using TLC for their employees’ training. With industry standards constantly evolving, operators need to stay on top of training and compliance to offer the best possible services to their residents. The Learning Centre helps our members keep up with the Alberta Occupational Health & Safety, Continuing Care Health Service Standards (CCHSS), and Supportive Living Accommodation Standards training requirements without taking a lot of time away from what they do best – taking care of the residents/tenants.
The following tutorials are available in The Learning Centre designed to be taken by front line employees of both seniors housing and community housing member organizations.
- Alberta Privacy Legislation (FOIP and HIA)
- Customer Service
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (Coming Soon)
- Effective Tenant Communication and Conflict Resolution
- Employee's Rights - OHS Alberta
- Harassment and Bullying in Workplace
- Hazard Assessment and Control
- Mental Health and Wellness in Workplace
- WHMIS GHS 2015
- Young and New Workers
The following tutorials are applicable only to seniors housing providers.
- Assistance with Ambulation
- Assistance with Bathing
- Assistance with Dressing
- Assistance with Feeding
- Assistance with Personal Hygiene
- Behaviour Management
- Complaints Process
- Continence Care
- COVID-19 Prevention Practices
- Effective Housekeeping Practices
- Emergency & Pandemic Planning and Service Continuity
- Falls Prevention
- Incident Reporting and Reportable Incidents
- Infection Prevention and Control
- Injury Prevention
- Mental Health and Wellness – Resident
- Mental Stimulation
- Outbreak Management
- Palliative and End-of-Life Care
- Person-centred Residential Services/Care
- Power of Attorneys, Guardianships and Trusteeships
- Prevention of Resident Abuse and PPCA
- Provision of a Meal
- Restraints Use and Management
- Risk Management
- Safe Food Handling
- Safe Water Temperatures
- Working Alone in a Seniors Community
The tutorials are concise to make learning more efficient, and they are respectful of limited training time. Employees can watch the tutorials at their own pace and choose when and where to complete their training activities. The content has been developed in partnership with sector specific educators, ASCHA members, and subject matter experts to ensure the information is both current and relevant.
An online library is available to each member organization to house their own organizational policies, procedures, and training materials.
If you are interested in this fantastic value-added member service in Alberta contact us.