In these unprecedented times, we know that there is a vast array of communications circulating about COVID-19. Our focus has been to find the most trusted resources and factual information for our members and curate this so that our members can easily find what they need, when they need it. Below is a summary of how ASCHA has been responding to the COVID-19 Pandemic:
- Daily Teleconferencing with the Ministry of Alberta Seniors and Housing – We are gathering information and circulating updates and protocols by direct email to the main contacts at our Member Organizations, as well as ALL Lodge providers (whether they are ASCHA members or not).
- Direct Conversation with Leaders from Alberta Health Services and the Ministry of Alberta Health – We are taking member concerns regarding the care of residents/tenants in their buildings forward, and circulating updates and resources directly to our members.
- Ongoing Member Conversations on ASCHA Connect – This is where members can share best practices, and ask each other questions. We will also be posting relevant information and resource documents here: https://connect.ascha.com/home Note: ASCHA Connect is for ASCHA Members ONLY.
- Primary Sources of Information for Everyone - (note, these sites are constantly updated, and we advise you visit them regularly):
COVID-19 Information for Albertans
COVID-19 Self Assessment Tool
COVID-19 Information for Staff and Healthcare Professionals
Government of Canada COVID-19 Information
CMHC Coronavirus Updates
- Member Conferencing - ASCHA will be holding calls with its membership twice a week through a virtual tool called GoToWebinar. Invitations to join these member-only calls will be sent to the primary contacts at our member organizations.
The ASCHA Office is still in fully operational at this time, and we are working hard to support you despite the changing status of this pandemic. Should members have any questions, or require support, please contact us. We will continue to update as the situation unfolds.